Outrage over hand grenade Christmas balls (The Local)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drew Wilson, Dec 13, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

[​IMG]

A decision by the Swedish Army Museum (Armémuseum) to raise money for charity by selling hand grenade-shaped Christmas tree ornaments has sparked a storm of criticism from disgusted visitors.

“Quite simply I think it's distasteful, especially if they are raising money for charity. This is a museum frequented by children and it's hard to explain to them why there are hand grenades in the Christmas trees,” visitor Elinor Lindeborg told Sveriges Television (SVT).

“This is an Army Museum, but should still try to highlight a non-war perspective.”

Lindeborg and others have reacted to the Stockholm-based Army Museum's efforts to raise money for anti-poverty and disaster relief charity Christian Aid by selling Christmas tree orbs that look like hand grenades.

“Support Christian Aid and their work for peace and against poverty by buying our Christmas ornaments which are a subtle reminder of those who are less fortunate than we are during the holiday season,” the museum says on its website in promoting the initiative.

More...

Oh, I'm sure people will have a blast with them.
  2. Tic3

Tic3 - Staff Member Moderator

She obviously doesn't have boy children.

And seriously, it's a freakin' army museum. Do you expect butterflies and flowers?
  3. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

Someone give her a real hand grenade so she can do something useful with all that spare time she obviously has.
  4. moneoa

moneoa Vita!!!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

I would deck my tree out in this shit
  5. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

That tree still needs some bayonet and bullet ornaments to complete the set.