Nostromo n52

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by WE_DELIVER, Mar 16, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. WE_DELIVER

WE_DELIVER Member

I'm thinking of buying it....anybody has this thing? And what do you think of it, especially if you use it for applications too(3D?)?

Thanks in advance.

Belkin Nostromo N52
  2. Psilaxs

Psilaxs Harbinger of mass Exodus Established Member

Ahh the "Power Glove" just won't die. (Anyone remember that accessory for the nintendo entertainment system years and years ago?)

I have used devices such as this and the outcome is always the same, fad garbage. NOTHING will replace a good optical mouse/trackball and keyboard for 3D gaming. That glove device does not have an analogous input, or digital proportional input like newer controllers E.G PS2's pressure sensitive buttons.

Stay far away from that "thing"; a controller is not efficient if it is only utilizing 1 hand. Stick with keyboard and mouse, flight sticks, and game pads.
  3. hawkburn

hawkburn Yup...

Actually, I disagree with Psilaxs. I have that, and it's awesome. Mind you, its not good for your normal computer applications, but is excellent for games. I only play first person shoots (BF1942, Call of Duty) but it works perfect for those, and you dont have to use the bulky keyboard, unless you want to map hotkeys using that.

It's very easy to get configured, as it comes with its own software, and you can download setups for different games from the website.
  4. WE_DELIVER

WE_DELIVER Member

I've heard a lot of good things about it, so.....
    ....just ordered it! :p

btw Psilaxs, it's supposed to be used with the mouse....no way I am ever getting anything(including a trackball) to replace my mouse(Logitech MX500---niiiiice)

We'll see how it turns out and I'll let you guys know.
    Fact is, I found it for just $31 and even if it sucks...oh well.

Oh yea...the only bad thing I heard about it is that the keys are stiff.