No archives found!?-help!

Discussion in 'Problems & Questions' started by tabuk, Aug 4, 2004.

1. tabuk

tabuk Member

I just got done downloading this rar archive that took all day and the better part of the night and am having some difficulties. Its an image file encased in a rar archive thats 682Mb and when I try to extract it it gives me this error...

"Warning
    No archives found."

When I double click on it it gives me this...

"Error
    C:\Documents and Settings\Chad|Desktop\New Folder\[pc game]iso imagefile.ISO
    the archive is either in unknown format or is damaged."

Ive had that last error before but was able to install the game anyways but for now Im stumped.

Windows XP
    768Mb RDRAM
    Nvidia Geforce FX 5200
    80Gb hard drive
  2. dakadahoona

dakadahoona Member

search the forums i've seen this ? before.there's a freeware program that checks the rar to see if all the files are there or corrupted and damaged,sorry i've forgotten the name.
  3. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

This means you are using a version of WinRAR that is older than the version that was used to make the archive originally. Download and install the latest version of WinRAR and try the extract again... Let me know if this fixes your problem. =)
  4. tabuk

tabuk Member

Naw shawners that wasnt it, Im gonna be so pissed if its corrupted. Thats the whole deal with downloading games, you never know if its gonna be what you want or 1.5Gb of xena warrior princess pics...
  5. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

damn xena fans.. I have a good mind to erase tivo. Ill look around and find something to see what it could be to make this happen.
  6. tabuk

tabuk Member

Thanks but dont bother, I had a major spyware and virus blitzkrieg so I did a system restore so the games gone.
  7. mxpwx

mxpwx Member

ive had alot of similar problems latley with full album archives from both torrent and ed2k. wonder if the riaa is polluting those nets with fakes, bittoreent would not be hard to pollute if u think about it.