Microsoft Internet Explorer Problem

Discussion in 'Browsers' started by IshareManyFilez, Apr 8, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Hello all. I have had a few system errors lately. The one of the most annoyance is my IE. Now first thing off the bat I have a dell xps windows xp with a cable connection of 600 down and 130 up about. I have updated my norton and adaware and my spybot search and destroy. Ok the problem is first of all the fonts are enlarged at least 2 times only in ie. The second problem is I can not have 2 different IE pages. For example if i am searching zeropaid and someone posts a link that will open in a new page if i click it a blank transparent ie page will pop up with no response. It will just sit there. I have tried to uninstall IE but same problem. It has been going on for a few weeks. Can anyone help?

2nd Problem.
    I asked this before but got no reply. Everytime I load up my windows xp my system 32 folder loads immediately. Any help or suggestions?

2. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius Established Member

for the text size, View->Text Size

the default is medium.

is this the way you uninstalled/reinstalled IE?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318378

2nd problem...

in folder options, check under the view tab to see if "Restore previous folder windows at logon" is checked.

3. Stownplayer

Stownplayer Stown 3.2 Established Member

Change browsers

Get opera, it's the best

4. Restore Previous folders is not checked.

5. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

Un-installing IE causes more problems than it fixes. Im suprised if your not worse off now. sorry, im no help on xp

6. Miniver

Miniver Adjudicator Established Member

get mozilla firefox...never had a problem

7. I didn't ask for a new client I asked how to fix it.

8. hawkburn

hawkburn Yup...

Ahhh... that new windows problem... i used to have that with windows 98... forgot how to fix it since... let me ponder.

9. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

goto ask yourself.. "What would KRELL do?"

10. kiwibank

kiwibank Member

i entirely agree...too many security holes in ie6...patch one and another one takes its place..

on zeropaid, it pays to be "flame resistant". it`s a matter of survival.

11. Spencer45317

Spencer45317 Member

I had this exact same problem for a couple years but recently solved it by following these steps. I use firefox, but Internet Explorer is needed for the Flashget plugin.

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
    Quit all programs that are running.
    Click Start, and then click Run.
    Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
    Shdocvw.dll
    Msjava.dll
    Actxprxy.dll
    Oleaut32.dll
    Mshtml.dll
    Browseui.dll
    Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

If the problem is still not resolved, verify that the following registry values are present and correct:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    Name: (Default)
    Value: IDispatch
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid
    Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid32
    Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system

12. Mels_Smileys45

13. Miniver

Miniver Adjudicator Established Member

not talking about holes, not talking about safety, for reliability firefox is king. IE sucks.

14. Well unfortunately IE is riddled with problems that often have no easy solution because there's no documentation or it's simply a bug they refuse to patch. Mozilla Firefox doesn't have these problems and has many more features.
    So the solution to IE problems is to stop using IE. Everything else is a bandaid. This isn't fanboying or condescension but simply the truth.

15. Mels_Smileys45

Oh i like Mozilla! dont get me wrong. Just pointing out the facts is all. If you dont patch things up, someone will ALWAYS find a new hole. And its always gonna be that way as long as people keep hammering those programs till they find a flaw. thank the hackers for pointing out the holes!

16. nasrules

nasrules PeerWebmaster

I've been a victim of the IE-uninstall myself. It deleted a ton of system files used to display the Explorer shell...argh!!!

Yep, as you say, everything has security holes (but some more than others). However, with more people concentrating on exploiting them in IE than anything else, more are bound to turn up.

ISMF: You should think about changing browsers anyway, if you haven't already. I'm not saying necessarily to Firefox (although that's what I recommend), but IE has so many problems...

17. Mels_Smileys45

yes ive seen a person un install IE and it wasnt pretty and i kinda made a note not to do that! Firefox is great. It offers so much more than EI. I dont think MS knows how many poeple hate EI or you would think they would change a few things. second thought, I dont thik they care what people think

18. muffenme

muffenme Registered Moonatic

:fire

If you run into a problem with IE on XP just format your harddrive and start from scratch.

:hole

19. nasrules

nasrules PeerWebmaster

It obviously hasn't occured to you that that isn't always an option.

20. Thanks everyone for your replies especially spencer. My IE is currently up and running.