Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RiaNicks, Jan 8, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. RiaNicks

RiaNicks Guest

I am a huge football fan, as well as an animal lover. I cannot begin to think that Michael Vick has totally reformed himself or redeemed himself of what he did to those poor dogs. I know he has paid his debt to society but when I see him on TV and doing so well for the Eagles I cant help but think of those dogs.
    I believe everyone is entitle to a second chance but I think it is wrong for Vick to be celebrated as a hero on the football field. And equally disturbing was Obamas call to the owner of the Eagles praising him for giving Vick a second chance.
    I am from Atlanta and loved Vick before all this came to light today I will be rooting for the Packers.
    Ria Nicks

2. TheRealLuisa

TheRealLuisa Member

Not sure...

While like you I am an animal lover and advocate, I try not to dwell on the negative about Michael. or anyone, and hope he has turned a leaf, learned his lesson, and moved on to a more humane and loving attitude towards animals. Sometimes people are cruel to animals because they have been taught or learned through their environment and upbringing that's it's o.k. to be cruel to animals. In other words, it's generational and cultural. It's always good to give people a second chance. Now, a third chance is out of the question in my book

So, let's see what happens and stop dwelling on the past.

3. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

This is a really interesting thread for a first post. Well, I for one don't see any reason why Vick was allowed back in. I mean from what we DO know he did some really terrible things. But what about what we don't know? how long was it going on for etc. I mean he's a fantastic football player, but this is someone our youth looks up to. Great influence for all our children.

4. sygreenblum

sygreenblum Member

This is a very odd thread.

I think Michael Vick is a great guy who loves puppies and kittens and bunnies and squirrels. He probably prays to Jesus for world peace and good will towards all and in his spare time helps old ladies cross streets and shit like that.

5. Boomer The Dog

Boomer The Dog Anthropomorphic

My solution would be that he is changed into a Dog for a while to feel what it's like, the
    shock might give him new insights on his life.

Athletes are held up high in our culture, but still they have to be careful and responsible,
    because people look up to them. Dealing with him is a big moral issue with no easy
    answers.

Boomer

6. carpefile

carpefile Chronic Established Member

I can't give you rep again yet, but I would if I could. XD

7. payslipgirl

payslipgirl Member

I think if he proves himself to be worthly of the 2nd chance he was given to him, and that means staying out of any trouble or negative media publicity in the future, then he can remain the fantastic role model that he once was. I think it is very important that TheRealLuisa mentioned the reasons why people abuse animals - often because the have seen it before and taught it was 'normal'.

8. bcwar

bcwar Member

I agree mostly with the replies here. It ain't worth dwelling on this. Its a shame that celebritys feel the need to follow/glorify a gangster image. IMO Michael Vick is no less deserving of a second chance as any other person. His past actions will follow him around for the rest of his life. His future actions will dictate whether or not he has matured to a point he realizes he has a chance to be a postive influence for young impressionable children.

9. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

I can see that you an expert at being a Bot.

10. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Oh no. Not again...