Meta Torrent Search Engine

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by vassilisb, Jan 30, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

New powerful meta torrent search engine. Test it!!!

META torrnet, (www.meta-torrent.com).

Top rated torrent sites included,
    The machine searches up to 2,500,000 torrent files.
    Variety of categories, and also smart searching by category.

Rich Client Application (JSF - XML - AJAX)
  2. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

What is your relationship to this site?

3. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

I am the developer - owner.

welcomely comments, send me bugs and anything else that will help me improve the application.

Thanx.
  4. Krell

Thx, what methods have you used thus far to benchmark and test the application? What other meta \ mage search engines do you use as a comparison?

5. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

I compare it with all the others torrent meta search engines (they are not many) and
    inspired from the poorly results of almost all other meta search engines, I create this application.

As downloader... and developer I have taken ideas from those, not only to include some features, but also to avoid some

So far I think, (in my opinion), the aggregation of the information that the application builds from torrent sites, rank it to the top of the list of meta torrent sites.
  6. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

7. Krell

Thx again

8. DLiver420

DLiver420 Member

Very nice search engine. Can you add a function to only include certain sites for your search? Torrentspy is useless to users from the USA:
    Torrentspy Acts to Protect Privacy
    Sorry, but because you are located in the USA you cannot use the search features of the Torrentspy.com website.Torrentspy's decision to stop accepting US visitors was NOT compelled by any Court but rather an uncertain legal climate in the US regarding user privacy and an apparent tension between US and European Union privacy laws.

I'm assuming most people are like me and don't have the time/energy to set up a proxy server, so any links to TS are essentially dead.
  9. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

Thanx for the idea, this will be the next move!
  10. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

10 torrent sites included: Mininova, The Pirate Bay ,SeedPeer, FullDls, Monova,TorrentParty (SloTorrent), BitTorrentMonster ,SmaragdTorrent, Fenopy , BtScene

Filter results (size, seeds, title, leechers)

META torrent (meta-torrent.com)
  11. vassilisb

vassilisb Guest

12. fred78705

fred78705 Member

I prefer TorrentZEN.com. It's fast, clean, and accurate...and it searches 18 search engines.
  13. sphere

sphere Member

new metsearch site around go-torrent.com

well with all this metasearch sites the searching is so much simplier , but go-torrent.com took it a step further hehehe
    it has this crazy subtitles search in the "let me type that for you" manner that you simply must see!! lol