Massive Investigative News Project Coming Soon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drew Wilson, Apr 30, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

While I made a return to the front page of the news section here, what only a few select individuals on the ZeroPaid know right now is what I came back to the fold with. In the next few days, you'll see the first part in what may be, dare I say, something unprecedented here on ZeroPaid - particularly the time frame I plan on running this project on (never know, things can happen between now and the future). I won't reveal anything more just yet, but this truly is a "go big or go home" project. What I will say is that I'm really excited about it. So, to tide you over, here's a sort of ice-themed music anthem to tide you over in the mean time:

[video=youtube;uWL897qZj4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWL897qZj4E[/video]

:thumbup:
  2. bcwar

bcwar Member

I know! I know!

Your gonna uncover the great Disney conspiracy
  3. Drew Wilson

I suppose, in a rather broad way, yes.
  4. bcwar

bcwar Member

damn i'm good ... i was just referring to the magic kingdom looking castle in the video.

I anxiously await to see what you've got
  5. Drew Wilson

Slightly delayed with the news of ThePirateBay, but aiming for sometime tomorrow barring any more major news breaking of course.
  6. Drew Wilson

7. bcwar

bcwar Member

19 parts this is ambitious ... I like what i've read so far. Keep it coming
  8. Drew Wilson

Will do. Starting on the third, they should be coming out each day (baring something completely disastrous of course). Believe me, this stuff is proving to be GOLD! :w00t:
  9. bcwar

bcwar Member

I love part 2. I'm disappointed with the lack of comments .. i sure hope that isn't any indication of actual readers.
  10. Drew Wilson

Not really. I've had numerous stories get tens of thousands of readers, but no comments.
  11. bcwar

bcwar Member

I sure do hope the next installment has sharks with lasers on their heads ..... :wink:
  12. Drew Wilson

lol! Sadly, no sharks with laser beams, but the next few parts should be quite enlightening. My favorite part in all of this is the fact that now people can make arguments like, "File-sharing doesn't really affect music sales" and when some pro-RIAA troll says "[citation needed]", now, they can hit back with hardcore research to prove their point.

Speaking of which, I've been a little busy all day today, but for the purposes of ease of reading, here's the link to the second part:

Part 2 of 19

By all means, share away BTW. :smile:
  13. bcwar

bcwar Member

part 3 is excellent ...

i agree one of pet peeves about these people slamming file sharing has always been the "your stealing" statement. I grew up in the 70s ... i remember how the music industry got their tail twisted over cassette tapes and forcasted doom and gloom ... but here they are still thumping the same b.s. just a different tech their against. These guys deserve to be run out of business. In this day and age the job of the 'record industry" isn't needed. A musician makes most of his/her money playing the music ... most of them see very little of the actual sales of the recorded music because they have to pay back all the money that the industry puts out there to get them heard. Today this doesn't make sense at all. A smart musician can, fairly cheaply i may add, produce and distribute his/her music. They don't need the "music industry" and the industry knows it. They wake up every morning wondering if this is the day my job disappears.

Normally i wouldn't wish a loss of work on anyone but these individuals have been leeching off the talent for years and have had plenty of time to reorganize their end of the business to take advantage of new technologies but refuse to because of laziness and greed.

I've been dropping links and mentioning the article to everyone that will listen. Your absolutely right that people need an education from the misinformation being tossed around by riaa mpaa and other like them
  14. Drew Wilson

It's kind of funny in a way. Everyone is seeing part three and will see part four tomorrow. Here I am slaving away at a rate that borders on exceeding my regular output, but it won't be seen for days after. Only reason why I'm working so hard is that I wanted this series finished as soon as possible. Right now, I've actually started work on part 9 if that gives any indication to the nearly obscene amount of work I've been putting to ZeroPaid for the last few days. I think I only delivered a few lumps to one study so far though, but that study pretty much undermined an RIAA claim while it was in the process of trying to prove the RIAA right. So, that was always fun.

Part 8 was an incredibly long study compared to the others (50 pages??? O_O)

*sighs* All this work being done and only the staff here can see it for now. I'm trying to compare the roughly 2 studies I'm chewing through every day and the studies I chewed through during the last few months of school. I'm not sure how accurately I can compare the two as the analysis methods are different. With essay stuff, it's picking out a few points that go along with my line of thinking on my essay, whereas here, I'm actually combing through this stuff with a fine toothed comb because the readership might not have access to the material like a well-educated prof would. In essays, I could easily go through 5 or 6 studies per day whereas I'm going through 2 a day here. I think my all-time record for number of studies in a single essay was 29 for a 2000 word essay. That was freaking ridiculous.

Oh well, since I'm only starting to feel any strain at all when I made the half-way mark, maybe that's a good thing. Since I started this series on the night of the 30th of last month and it's only the 4th (well, 5th now that it's past midnight), thoroughly going through 8 studies in 5 days is nothing to sneeze at at all. Given how much stuff I ended up reading, I am starting to wonder how many normal news stories I'd be able to crank out on a regular basis after this. O.O
  15. Drew Wilson

Whew, just finished writing part 9. Part 4 has been posted. :smile:
  16. Drew Wilson

17. Drew Wilson

Just finished writing part 11. Still, disappointments in my endeavor remains few and far between. Lots of work left to be done, but most of the series is now completed anyway.
  18. Drew Wilson

19. Drew Wilson

Part 12 written and queued up. The series is still looking amazing! :smile:
  20. Drew Wilson

Whew, part 13 written. Yay! :biggrin: