Jorge and Chris (Important)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RACKnRAIL, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

It's time you guys do something better to control the spam. Your current approach is not working. I can't speak for everyone, but I am sick of coming here and seeing spam every time. None of the 6 other forums I visit get spammed like this place. In fact, they rarely get spam at all, if any.

If you can't fix the site to filter the spam, one way or another, how about an army of mods with limited abilities. It's not like there aren't enough people here willing to do it. I would even do it if only to make this place better for all of us regulars. The trick would be to get mods in different time zones that can watch from early morning, when the spam is usually bad to later on as it calms down. Cover all the bases, so to speak.

I can tell you this, if nothing is done, and soon, many good members will be moving on, including myself.

The time is NOW!!! This has gone on for too long and we're all sick of it.

2. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

AMEN BROTHER.

I'd do it and would have a long time ago, since I'm here all the time anyways might as well be useful besides being the board perv.

3. RACKnRAIL

You got my vote, but this isn't a democracy. If it was the problem would have been dealt with ages ago.

4. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

I am with you R&R!!!!!

5. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

for sure. it does seem that the rapidshare links for the most part got shut down so there has to be a cure for the rest of this shit too.

6. RACKnRAIL

I see a new spammer just signing up. No wonder ZP has so many members.

7. YWD67

I posted several months ago about using a jumble word\number code when you register or post here.
    IT keeps the spam bots out which I believe are responsible for most of the spam attacks.

The other forums I veiw use it and I have see zero spam like I see here.

8. Potato

Potato poe-tay-toe Established Member

No matter how many updates the site gets, it doesn't matter because there's so much spam.

9. YWD67

That is just it, Jorge upgrades the sites appearance but does nothing about upgrading the spam protection.

10. Hath

Hath I Have a HUGE Manatee!

I may not post as much as the others, but I am on ZP a ton. I would happily volunteer for a mini-mod position. By the way, that is what we should call them, MINI-MODS!!! :)

11. Potato

Apparently the moderators' bannin' tools were updated, but I quit being a mod before the most recent changes. "Daily janitor" just didn't appeal anymore.

Jorge always says that the reason it's so bad is because people are spammin', not bots.

12. moneoa

moneoa Vita!!!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

bah garbage because it would be the same elsewhere it's bots for sure

13. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

Aron Walkhouse seems to know how to stop this spam with the forum software but getting anyone with power to take action on this matter is impossible! I PM'ed Jorge many months ago with ideas and he never even PM'ed me back to say hey fuck you Mels shut up you douche bag. I guess the Admins don't care about their forums or members either. The people who care have tried to volunteer help and even that is snubbed. Why do we keep hanging out here? If it wasn't for you guys that I know and like to talk to I would say to Hell with all this and not come back. Its so frustrating when you want to do good things for this site and all you get is a slap in the face with a wet smelly dick!

14. RACKnRAIL

I remember Krell being sick of the spam way back when. I believe that was one of the reasons he stopped posting. They still haven't done anything about it and that was a while back. WTF?

15. RACKnRAIL

Without something or an army of mods there is no end in site of...

16. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

I wonder if I should stop deleting the spam, and instead, move it to the mod board. It would make a good point, right before I get banned myself :p

17. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

I say we should all start spamming too! Lets fill the entire board up with spam and then leave. What happened to 1cooldud anyways? Did Jorge give his friend an xbox 360, secretly make him a mod and then kill him off? :wtf:

:cop::spam::scared1::nono:

18. RACKnRAIL

I wondered about that. I think he's the ZP tranny.

19. Hath

Hath I Have a HUGE Manatee!

I want a XBOX360... Mine just goa the RROD. ;-(

20. Potato

Never said I agreed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.