Iraq is it's Own

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bookmansour, Jun 28, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. bookmansour

bookmansour LogaN 5

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this today...
    Iraq is back
  2. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

You know as well as I that it is a self rule government in name only. The U.S. still controls the country like it did yesterday. Like the lyircs from the song "We won't be fooled again" by The Who. "Say hello to the new boss. Same as the old Boss.
  3. bookmansour

bookmansour LogaN 5

The UN signed a resolution and is supposed to help with imposing an "international gaurd" to help maintain some semblance of order until Iraq is stable enough for an election...
    They are claiming March of next year maybe...
    I'm reminded of some lyrics as well, this time by Jimmy Buffett (among others), "Only time will tell"
    Hey, at least it's a start...
  4. hawkburn

hawkburn Yup...

March of next year?! If we can't control that country by then, then I think that America will come out of its 50% supporting this "war" and go down to about 30%.

Hopefully by January, though, Kerry will be living in the White House, and we can get some of this settled. I seriously do not think this whole "war on terrorism" is worth even one American, British, Korean, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, UN, or any other life. We shouldn't be losing lives just to get ahold of some oil.
  5. grab_grab_the_haddock

grab_grab_the_haddock The Voice Of Reason Established Member

An country run by an American appointed puppet regime where security is under the control of the US army. Doesn't sound like a viable sovereign state to me.
  6. dubstylee

dubstylee CEO, Zeropaid Inc. Staff Member Administrator

we should send grab grab over there to straighten them out.
  7. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

I second that... I think we should send him alone to the area in which all of these people have been beheaded... he would set them straight.
  8. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse ZP Troll SWAT Team Established Member

Hear Hear ... or is that Here Here?
  9. Siskabush

Siskabush ZP Trancecore Cussin

Send a ZP armed militia!!
  10. syntax

syntax registered abuser

The US did not choose or appoint anyone. They are Iraqi selections. We are keeping troops there to help guard borders, keep stability unitl the elections, and to help train their military and police force.
  11. CCSDUDE

CCSDUDE Proud Girl Lover

Whats with people an this we shit? YOU ain't over there so stop saying WE. Go save some cans an have a fund raiser, Dubbya.
  12. Omyn

Omyn Member

I think it will just revert back to the way it used to be ran if we just give it some time.

Some group of people will take over the area once again, and the cycle will repeat itself.

There is bound to be just another thing that wont work.
  13. grab_grab_the_haddock

grab_grab_the_haddock The Voice Of Reason Established Member

Sorry, but thats BS. All the guys below are US appointed:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1142368.htm

Whcih amounts to the same thing as saying the US are in charge of security.
  14. mcovey

mcovey Member

iraq has been semi-free for a while. now they just get a few extra powers.

it might not be full independence but it is definately a big step towards it.
  15. kiwibank

kiwibank Member

iraq is on its own......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahaahahahhaha!!!!!!!!
  16. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

Keep stability? When in the hell has it been stable? We can't even stabilize one city let alone the entire nation. Where do you come up with this stuff Syntax? Are you reading this from a copy of the White House press release?
  17. bookmansour

bookmansour LogaN 5

I never said "on its own", I said "is it's own"...

hawkburn said:
    "March of next year?! If we can't control that country by then, then I think that America will come out of its 50% supporting this "war" and go down to about 30%."

(Sorry, I don't know how to Quote more than one person in a single post)
    It's not supposed to be just the U.S. trying to stabilize Iraq...
    Iraq should have it's own (hopefully capable) police force in place shortly, and the UN is supposed to gather some "military help"...
    What this means, I have no clue...

Also by hawkburn:
    "Hopefully by January, though, Kerry will be living in the White House, and we can get some of this settled."

From what I've been hearing Kerry has stated that if elected he would 'do everything he could to complete the stabilization of Iraq and get our troops home as soon as possible' ...
    So he would be doing exactly what Bush is trying to get done now...
    Bush is a bit too late, but at least it's the beginning of the end...
  18. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

its good to see who the next dictator is so we know who will be taking iraq away from.
  19. bookmansour

bookmansour LogaN 5

Let's not forget that it took years and years to rebuild Germany and Japan after WWII...
    Relatively speaking things are going...er... not well, but speedy in Iraq...
    Who knows if they will ever be stable, but at least we're making it better...

As I was searching for an "exact" timeframe on the WWII rebuilding period I came accross this...
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030903-115834-9905r.htm

And before someone starts crying about media bias I read this one as well...
    http://hnn.us/articles/1655.html

I found them interesting...
  20. cjules13

cjules13 Member Established Member