I tried to research, but got no results...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flippinfricknfrack, Mar 23, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. I was wondering why it would take 30 hours to download a movie using bit comet

thanks for any help
  2. serrebi101

serrebi101 Member

There are several factors. Lack of seeders, your slow connection, the seeders connection, and other things I can't think of.
    It's not likely that 100 seeders are all 56k, but maybe the ones your connected to are, I don't know.
  3. If you have your upload too slow (idk if bit comet supports bandwidth adjusting) you won't be able to download very quickly - bittorrent has built in antileaching systems.

Let it run for a few hours - the people who are choked will probably let you through after while.
  4. 4 out of 4 connected seeds...

It also says that I am uploading at 9kb/s and downloading at 5kb/s, is this a good or bad thing?
  5. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

It sucks ass.

Under Options, set your bandwith to unlimited on both, and wait a while, if it still blow, then set your outgoing to just barely under what your maximum output can be.

If you can only upload 30k, then set it to 25k, or 27k. Set the max download to say, 150 - 200 k.

Be aware that this client will also set it back to whatever the hell it wants to, when it feels like it, and often caps out at 100k.

If you want specific information on a particular app, go the THEIR site to get it, whether its Winmx, BT, DC++ etc. They all have forums and FAQ.

6. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

I tried it at my school to obtain a legal software DL (I think it was Wolfenstein Enemy Territory), and it completed going almost 1000K... you just need shitloads of upload to dl fast...