I need a VPN

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by iamloco724, May 7, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Member

Im looking at possibly getting a paid vpn due to my isp participating in this new deal thats starting in july between the major entertainment companies and the isps that will be basically tracking bittorrent traffic

I already only use private trackers but looks like that wont be enough with this action there taking

i need something thats extremely reliable,doesnt save logs,works well with utorrent, and does not slow me down my current speed is 43 down 39 up no matter what service i choose i cant have this slowed down

also im new to vpns so dont know to much about them is there anything specifically i need to know before doing this etc..

so any suggestions? whether you tried first hand or have heard about

2. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

Do you have any specific info on this? Everything I am finding says monitoring, but only specify's "graduated responses" which is basically them sending warning letters. Are they actually going to be activly monitoring, or are they just saying that? I can not find any information at all about actual monitoring, anyone else?

3. iamloco724

iamloco724 Member

from what i have read each participating isp will have there own system in place..i doubt any real info will be released on the methods they are using but basically they are looking for torrent traffic i think related to the entertainment companies involved if you get spotted theres like a 6 step process with like warnings then acknowledging the warnings etc then they can throttle ur speed if you keep doing it

i found this site but didnt read to much of it

http://www.copyrightinformation.org/alerts

4. bcwar

bcwar Member

I am not aware of any specific information on how any of the ISP's plan on complying with this crack-down in july. I suspect we won't know anything until people start feeling the whip so to speak. I suspect most of this is designed to "scare" people straight. I plan on using BTGuard myself .. better safe than sorry IMHO

5. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

I'll just continue down my path then. Mostly using news groups now anyway for speed sake, and when I do venture back to my sites, its the smaller ones I stick to.

If anyone does have any info, even just a tiny bit, please share it :)

6. bcwar

bcwar Member

if your footprint is that small ... i doubt you'll get noticed ... i suspect most of what ends up targeted will be the uploaders and larger downloaders

1 person likes this.
  7. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

[ EDIT: I mostly ditched ibVPN due to no longer NATTING the connections (10. address) and only assigning public IPs directly to the tapi32 VPN adapter. For the same price, I'm happier with Private Internet Access. The beef I have with PIA is their client that uses Ruby.exe which you can't effectively firewall. To mitigate this I just use OpenVPN 2.2.2 as the client and decide which portal\config I want to connect to for any service providor. Same price range.]

Yes, they do, sound advice.

http://www.ibvpn.com/

Watch for specials and coupons, I paid something like $46 for a full year of 24x7 non stop madness. I'm using it right now, ALL of my data goes through this.

1 person likes this.