Here It Is, Your Lineup For Worst Company In America 2012! (Consumerist)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Drew Wilson, Mar 22, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome to Consumerist's 7th Annual Worst Company In America tournament, where the businesses you nominated face off for a title that none of them will publicly admit to wanting — but which all of them try their hardest to earn. So it's time to fill in the brackets and start another office pool. That is, unless you work at one of the 32 companies competing in the tournament.

Readers responded in record numbers to this year's call for nominations. And it turns out that you all are still angry at the telecom companies, which dominate the brackets with a total of 9 slots, and the folks in financial services, which accounts for 7 spots in this year's battle for the Golden Poo.

Even though Microsoft gets this year off — perhaps you all felt bad for them because of the whole Windows Phone debacle — there are plenty of other technology and Internet companies in the bracket. There is the always-divisive Apple and the perennial pugilist Sony. Since Facebook and Google are so good at tracking your browsing and reading history, they shouldn't be surprised to be in the tournament.

This category also has two fresh-faced WCIA rookies. Video Game giant Electronic Arts and a company that not so long ago had a relatively sterling reputation among readers: Netflix, which saw its nominating votes increase tenfold after the company effectively doubled its monthly rate.

More...

I like these things.

2. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

I read through those companies that we (or I) deal with -

Target
    F*cking Best Buy has been on my shite list for years.

Bank of America or
    Tracy is funny, but my vote goes to BoA (shool lender).

Ticketmaster or
    TicketMaster forever. Sallie Mae is simple to deal with. Screen calls...

Sears or
    Wal Mart, though my husband just loves them. But he has a very deep (and booming if he gets mad. Makes the hair on the back on my neck stand up. One reason we rarely fight. I don't wanna hear it, LOL!) voice and I'm sure they don't give him any shite when he returns something...