Ghost in the shell 2 one word= incredible

Discussion in 'Movies' started by policy_editor, Apr 26, 2005.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. I just had the pleasure of watching this manga the other day and i must say i was blown away with the quality of animation it's simply breathtaking. I havent had the chance to see the first one yet but man this movie was impressive even with subtitles.

What other mangas have animation like this?
  2. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

Im glad you didnt see the first on yet, then you would be disappointed, im not even anxious to put it in my netflix queue.

SEE the first one, twice.

3. .:sp00ky:.

.:sp00ky:. Poptart Tramp Established Member

...I didnt really understand krells comment..anywho iv had the first one on video(yes video ont dvd) since it first came out and thought it was awsome must get round to watching the 2nd one.
  4. broadwayrock

broadwayrock Shaking It All The Time

Krell is saying that if you had seen the first Ghost In The Shell first you would be dissappointed by the sequel.
  5. rainbowdemon

rainbowdemon the zp police Established Member

You are now the official Zero Paid translator.
  6. I have the first one right here in front of me and plan on watching it in a little while. You are correct that you need to watch these movies multiple times to really understand.
  7. crackerjacker

crackerjacker Member

they both sucked
  8. WE_DELIVER

WE_DELIVER Member

The first one is more philosophical and stuff. You have to watch it a couple times, at least I did. The second one is good, but fails to hit the spot the first one did. I would say still like both though.

Anyone seen appleseed yet?
  9. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

I enjoyed the second GIS film... I thought that it had a fascinating idea behind it. It was very different than the first, but doing something new and not re-hashing the old is called I N N O V A T I O N.
  10. The animation is incredible, even if the plot sucked which it didnt I would watch it just for that

What other anime or manga can people suggest that's sci-fi
  11. Miniver

Miniver Adjudicator Established Member

Miniver's List of Must See Anime

Ninja Scroll
    Fist of the North Star
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Ghost in the Shell
  12. WE_DELIVER

WE_DELIVER Member

the Cowboy Bebop Movie is a great one too.

And BTW. There are Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series, which is pretty much a great "cop show". Check it out.

And check out the trailer for Appleseed.... Looks interesting to me, probably cause im interested in animes that intergrate 3D graphics and this one seems to be mostly 3D.
  13. wow watched ghost in shell original last night! Amazing i plan on watching it again today English dub!!!!!!.

thanks to p2p ill look for the stand alone series and watch your picks for anime/manga

Thanks

wow if you dont groove on this shit your probably mentally ill and nothing can help!~
  14. WE_DELIVER

WE_DELIVER Member

now think about some of the stuff that came out of the Matrix movies and how similar it is to the philosophy in Ghost in the Shell..... Its funny...
  15. Oryx

Oryx Rompe Todo

other anime movie picks check these out
    Vampire hunter D
    Blood the last vampire
    Akira(must see)
    Princess mononoke
  16. mcovey

mcovey Member

yeah it's good.

just fyi it's not a manga, mangas are comic books. I believe there is a GITS manga as well but I'm not sure. It's an anime.
  17. this manga and anime is confusing how come in GIS boxcover it says manga?
  18. mcovey

mcovey Member

19. crackerjacker

crackerjacker Member

or maybe when i watched it i was bored
    ok
  20. SanDiegoKid

SanDiegoKid Guest

... been a fan of the original GITS for years, and wasn't let down at all by the sequel. I think Innocense has a better climax, you know, with the scenes of Bato teaming up with the Major again. It's interesting where they're going with her character... kinda reminds me of Neuromancer.