Funny Heineken commercial

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gamecock, Mar 18, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. gamecock

gamecock Member

Just saw a funny Heineken commercial on Spike TV.

A guy is sitting at his computer downloading a bunch of mp3's and burning cd's. He gets up and goes to the fridge to get a cold one and all that's there is an empty carton of Heineken. He's like: "OK... who drank the last beer..." His buddy sitting there on the couch hides his beer.

Then this flashes across the screen: PIRACY IS WRONG.

Funny stuff... Oh well, I guess you had to see it...
  2. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

I posted that wayback, it was on the superbowl commercial.. the guy stole his beer after he was stealing some cd's.
  3. Wow what a stupid concept to a commerical. Its beer, what does that have to do with piracy?
  4. its an analogy yoda....

guy A 'pirates' music via the net.
    guy B 'pirates' guy A's beer from the fridge.

im wondering, since i havn't seen it, does the commercial carry a sarcastic theme, implying they are taking our side, or does it take a serious tone, saying they are truely against piracy?
  5. Oh thank you wonderboy... I got that a little late :p

I need sleep but someone stole my bed!!
  6. Omyn

Omyn Member

Sounds more like they are trying to make light of the subject of piracy by poking fun at it.
  7. Potato

Potato poe-tay-toe Established Member

I thought it was dumb... sarcastic or not.
  8. No doubt they were trying to relate to the younger crowd, who prefer file-sharing to football
  9. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

Wonderboy.. There trying to say piracy effects everybody, rather you know it or not.. Guy walks to the fridge after downloading and burning cd's.. to find his beer got swapped out.. and he said, who took my last beer.. and thats the time the guy moved it lower behind the cushion of the sofa.
  10. cjules13

cjules13 Member Established Member

Heineken commercials are usually always good. I like the one about the "Last Straw" on a date with the blonde on the cell phone grabbing his beer, and the other one with the dudes with frozen arms.

But the best current beer commercial has to be Coors Wingman, even though Coors tastes like rat piss.