Flac to DVD Audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by El Comandante, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. El Comandante

El Comandante Merde! Established Member

I recently obtained an album in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround in flac format. What software can you guys recommend to burn Flac to DVD Audio. I have read that you may not be able to retain or recreate the multichannel nature of the music. Copy2DVD does not seem support DVD audio burns.

2. DigitalJunkie

DigitalJunkie Still learning.........!

Did you try free open source DVD-Audio authoring tools? I have not try it before, let me know how it's working for you!

SourceForge.net: http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

3. El Comandante

Yeah I had seen this set of tools before but it seems to create an iso image of an existing DVD. It doesn't deal with the flac files. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though..

4. DigitalJunkie

Perhaps you could use audio converter to convert FLAC to DD in 48khz or 96khz in 24bit format for multi-channels audio files then use a large blank DVD disk in data format.

Unless you really need to create DVD-Audio (AUDIO_TS) with videos (VIDEO_TS) to meet the standard? Did it came with videos? If it did, then it may be worth the hassles. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  5. El Comandante

These are straight up music albums in multichannel surround DTS. No video. I looked up audio converter and that looks like a good way to go. Will the DVDA player play this DVD data disk with DD 48khz? I thought DVDA is it's own digital format. I don't know shit about audio conversion so your help is appreciated.

6. DigitalJunkie

There's not much difference between DVD-Video & DVD-Audio, they both cantain Video_TS & Audio_TS folders. However, regular DVD player does look into Audio_TS folder, only player compatible for DVD-Audio will. Since I have not try it myself, so I've no idea using data format will work on your player or not. However, I'm sure you can play on your PC, since media player like WinDVD or PowerDVD will play those audio file types.

DVD standard uses 48khz for multi-channels audio files, so I would suggest you encode them 48khz. To learn more about multi-channels encoding, I find the following article very useful.

DVD-Audio: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Audio

1 person likes this.
  7. jimmygeorge

jimmygeorge Guest

RE: Flac to DVD Audio!!!!

Yes! Nice information that you have shared with us.

Thank you very much!

8. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

look! more fucking spam!

9. w31n3r

w31n3r Zeropaid Irregular Established Member

cheap fake nike shoes can also burn flac to DVD audio? whoda thunk it. thats great value for money!

let us know if the shoes did the trick El C, we may be on the threshold of something big...

10. El Comandante

I didn't work.:error I'm gonna try Adidas.

11. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

I'm a Converse man myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.