Comic torrent site?

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by betz1106, Nov 9, 2007.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
  1. betz1106

betz1106 Member

With Demonoid down and might not be coming back, anyone have any other good Comic Book torrent sites?

That was the biggest pull of demonoid for me.....I wouldn't have started back up reading comics again if it wasn't for that site.....

please pour out a 40 on the curb for Demonoid.
  2. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Nothing as big as Demonoid, (that is currently open), but if you are really interested, you could look here-
    http://torrentsearch.zcultfm.com/
  3. betz1106

betz1106 Member

is there one that "is not currently open" that you can point me to?

I had a 3-1 seeding ratio on demonoid and would love to be able to contribute to another community if demonoid stays closed......not a leecher here.
  4. kasass

kasass Member

i was wondering if there were or is any sites out there that is like demonoid.
    also is there a site that any of you know of that has daily comics upload's that you can download besides zcult? any at all?
  5. etos45

etos45 Member

Well, to the best of my knowledge zcult is the best when it comes to comics. Since that's all they do. Demonoid and zcult were the only two places I've gotten comics from and most of the stuff on Demonoid came from zcult.

If there is a better one, I'd love to hear it, but I don't see how. :)
  6. GuyFawks

GuyFawks Member

Its better.
  7. moon light

moon light Member Established Member

thank u at all
  8. Merdoc

Merdoc Member

http://www.deadfrog.us try here let me know what you think. guess it depends on what you classify ass the comics you want.
  9. Spillage

Spillage Member

Zcult may seem a bit daunting at first, with it's tiered & somewhat restrictive membership structure, but it's a worthy alternative to Demonoid's comic section, once you get used to it's rules .
    The regular DCP packs are released via Zcult . Torrents are more pack orientated ( they don't have hundreds of individual comic torrents clogging up the system ) . They have a section for 0-day individual comics available via direct download . The forums are good. They have a dedicated DC++ comics hub .
    Not to shabby.
  10. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

I must say that ZCult is fantastic for fills or things not in trades... That being said, I use it mainly to check something that I wouldn't usually buy other than the 25 or so books I get a month (or if my fucking comic shop forgets to pull the right shit for me).

Support your comics shop (actually I think I am going to leave my downdown SF, Dark Horse-owned chain to go to a local comic shop... even if I won't get my 20% discount and free bags and boards... too many missed comics and not enough indies)
  11. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

Totally agree. Most comic shops struggle to stay open and now with Ebay playing a big role in the back issue market, its very important to throw some nickles at your local comic proprietors ugle mug.

I use to belong to the Mutant Liberation Front but Im not sure if they still play a huge role in scanning comics. They do not or at least did not allow members to upload new comics that are still on the shelves but did support scanning old media as most collectors of old comics want to own the comic but still would like to read them without harming its collectable status. I agree with this mission statement. http://www.sketchyorigins.com/comics/

I have found entire runs of old comics like Sandman, Preacher, Hellblazer and Swampthing (all are must reads for everyone!) on ISOhunt before.
  12. etos45

etos45 Member

Well, I don't really understand why people would want to download new comics to read. Half of the thrill to me is holding the comic in my hand and reading it. The only thing I usually download is older stuff that I can't find or can't afford. Maybe once or twice I've gotten a newer one because the comic shop sold out and I had a hole in my set.
  13. Spillage

Spillage Member

Set aside that not everyone has a 'paper in hand' fetish, i think a lot of net/scanned comics users fall into 2 groups.

Those excluded from regular comics supplies due financial or geographical reasons, so until their individual circumstances change, they make do with scanned .

Born again readers (like me) . Older types that grew out of comics with puberty and only returned to them because they were easily available on the net (alongside music/video/software). Some return to 'real' comics, but i don't suspect it's a large percentage . I've since bought a few comics, but as someone who isn't a serious keeper/collector of anything, i think they are poor value for money .
  14. bonds0097

bonds0097 Member

Another vote for ZCult, it's definitely the definitive site for comics. I preferred demonoid simply because it's easier to check out new releases and whatnot, but whenever I needed something I couldn't find on Demonoid, ZCult is the place to go. People are great with requests there too.

Their DC++ Hub is also a great place to find 0-day releases.
  15. Spillage

Spillage Member

A word of warning to Zcult noobs (known as Trial Cultists) . Until you get promoted to full membership, there are several restrictions (all well documented) , 1 being you cannot make torrent requests or request reseeds . Seems harsh, but them's the rules .
  16. betz1106

betz1106 Member

People who say support your local comic shop have no idea of most people situation.

This works great for those who are not married with kids and have disposable income, but for those of us that are "born again" comic readers that is not there. I do not have the time nor the money to go into a comic shop and purchase the 7 monthly titles that I want to read.

Comic makers/shop owners need to realize the same thing that the riaa need to understand is that people downloading things like comics may take away 300 per person to their overall bottom line, but without those people downloading those comic their other revenue streams will be hurt.

Since I started downloading and reading last year I spent a bunch more than 300 in other product that I would never have spent. My son likes VS. cards right now because of me. he wants all the comic action figures for christmas because of that, we have every comic related video game because of that, he watches the batman and LOSH because of me, we waited in line the day superman/spiderman3 opened because of his newfound love of comics.

people that preach things like go buy them need to get out of the old mindset that the comic shop is the keeper of the flame and realize that 90% of new readers are not going to go to a comic shop. Comic shop = geek to them. They started liking the books because they saw the TPB at borders or barnes and noble. They saw the TPB because of the movies. You will still have your core audience that goes to the comic shop, but that audience will get older and older and there is nothing you can do about it because kids now a days don't want a book they want something they can read on their ipod video, or their laptop which they will all have.

Move on to new technologies and stop trying to stifle innovation.

This was not a shot at any one person, but rather a rant in general.
  17. jakski1056

jakski1056 Member

comics

Check out BOXSWEEPER.....
  18. mikaaaz

mikaaaz ZeroPaid's Evil Spirit

19. betz1106

betz1106 Member

ok now that zcult is not going to host the big 2 anyone have any suggestions?

A private tracker by chance? I have always been a contributing member (3-1 ratio everywhere)

Or is piratebay going to be where we are going to have to go?

Any help would be appreciated
  20. GuyFawks

GuyFawks Member

I use #comic-scans on rizon for my comic needs. Check out irc.DejaToons.net. They have got great stuff on there.