bosons? fermions?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flippinfricknfrack, Mar 22, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Sub-atomic particles are the subject of speculation at best. Is there any definitive studies that are ongoing or otherwise that have provided any further information?

Krell? do indulge, please? lol
  2. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

krell is a computer technology guy, not a nuclear physicist

use google to find your answers, or peer reviewed journals like Nature
  3. shawners

shawners Hurt no more my son.

Krell is just as good as any search engine out their.. None will turn up the results he has.
  4. Krell is just remarkably informed. Someone to admire, but not one to mess with
  5. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

so then why are you starting threads to bait him into attacking you?
  6. wingnut2600

wingnut2600 Reaping what I sow... Established Member

Dude... check out scientific journals to find out what is happening with sub-atomic particles. You can check with mainstream mags like Discover, Science Daily or Science for articles about theses and then research the citations in the back.

I would suggest that you go to your local University or college and talk to a research librarian and discover how to peruse the online scientific journals in which the most recent information would be published.

You could also do google searches and find out where the research that excites you the most is happening. You could then search that uni's website and e-mail the researchers in that area.

There are also online resources for science geeks because many of them use computers and aren't having sex. Not having sex and loving science causes people to spend way too much time working on their web pages, so these people have awesome resources that are free.

Slashdot has a science section in which innovations in science are regularly posted along with sites that are related and some discussion... This is probably a good place to start (http://science.slashdot.org/)... Just use the search feature and you will probably find a thread that has a cursory relation to your interest.

Perhaps if you are really interested, you can take science courses in HS, then go to a good college, then go to grad school at one of these schools and be involved in the research that you are currently inquiring about!! Then, one day when someone gives you a bullshit question like this you can show them your website that you have spent all of your time making, show them your journal articles and make fun of their ignorance.

Good luck!

:frog
    (the frog likes the idea that dark matter is just fucking with us)

EDIT: WHERE THE FUCK IS MY FUCKING FROG!!!!
  7. Bosons and Fermions are not really subject of speculation, they are different familie of particles. A Fermion has the spin quantum number 1/2 or -1/2 and a Boson has the spin quantum number 1, 0 or -1. That's about it.

There are, of course, a lot of studies ongoing, I suggest asking Google for "basic quantum mechanics". That should provide you with a point to start reading.
  8. cjules13

cjules13 Member Established Member

Old physicists don't die; their wavefunctions go to zero as time goes to infinity.
  9. crackerjacker

crackerjacker Member

i dunno what happen to it but i happen to have a nice thingie for you
    lookie below :)

Attached Files:

10. Krell

Krell worthless dirtball Expert

the last time I used that line . . . I got slapped

11. Lord_of_the_Dense

Lord_of_the_Dense Deicidic Chipmunk Revue Established Member

Krell, notbob and crackerjacker...who could ask for more?

lol
  12. aqlo

aqlo Cartoon Superhero

All the fundamentals of subatomic physics are covered in this remarkably educational work by the Rev Dodgson

ftp://ftp.knowledge.com/pub/mirrors/gutenberg/etext91/snark12.txt

13. I think the rules of quantum mechanics require the wave functions of those old physicists to be norm-conserving. Therefore it may not go against zero or against infinity.
  14. method

method yeah, whatever...