Blade Trinity & Alien vs. Predator

Discussion in 'Movies' started by freeloader767, Dec 11, 2004.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Oh god these two movies were just bloody awful. I guess this is the type of movies I deserve now, for being an American. Hollywood has figured out that no longer do they have to make a film with substance and style for that matter why even have a plotline?

Yesterday, I had the displeasure of watching the third installment of Blade, I actually felt like a zombie, when I left the cinema. This movie was so rushed together it was akin to writing down a few ideas turning on a blender and here you go Blade 3 enjoy! The scariest thing about Blade 3 is actually having to write a review so that others dont make the same mistake. Unfortunately, I cant really write a review because its all just a blur now, pretty similar to a Timothy Leery acid experiment.

Goodluck
  2. RACKnRAIL

RACKnRAIL 今は知っているでしょ Staff Member Moderator

They are what ya call, no brainers...usually requiring good stimulants to enhance the experience. I didn't mind Alien vs Preditor, but...it did start off very slow.
  3. nukehella

nukehella Member

I couldn't watch AVP long enough to see an alien or a predator.It was really bad.
  4. rebirth

rebirth Transmission Intermittent

I've chosen to not waste my money on either. Go see The Incredibles.
  5. TSAFA

TSAFA Member

AVP was awesome movie! You just have to wait the first half out. Second half was amazing. Also i found and downloaded a small indepentant movie called Batman vs. Alian vs. Predator. I think it was 30 mb 15 minutes. very good.
  6. huh? Batman vs Alien vs Predator? That sounds ok what was it an anime?

I cant figure out how Paul Anderson got his hands on AvP. It didnt make any sense.
  7. Vampmon

Vampmon Member

8. moneoa

moneoa Vita!!!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Very Seldom does a trilogy stay superb throughout.
    Blade three is just another example.

Christ look at the MAtrix Trilogy
  9. tackdaddy

tackdaddy ZeroPaid's Forum Pimp Established Member

i saw both and i thought they were great.worth the money to go see in the theater.
  10. rebirth

Yes, check out the Matrix Trilogy. Over 1 billion dollars made, thousands of philosophy papers written, millions converted :)p), amazing cinematography.

Never compare them to Blade again. EVER. I will be prompted to backhand you if you do.
  11. moneoa

moneoa Vita!!!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Wasn't comparing the movies just the fact that they are trilogies.
    Sorry Rebirth but Matrix Revolutions sucked ass...to me it just seemed like
    they got tired and ran out of ideas forcing them to play out the tired Christos Messiah
    dialoge (will we ever see him again? You never know) ugh.....
    The third didnt seem to fit with the first two, didnt seem right.
  12. rebirth

I was shaking during the entire movie. You gotta admit the phuckin' graphics were amazing, but I hated the ending of revo.
  13. .:sp00ky:.

.:sp00ky:. Poptart Tramp Established Member

a vs p is such a bad movie i loved aliens 1 and 2 and predator but this movie was just so cheesy and not scary at all so dumbed down i mean the fact that predator teams up with that woman at the end is just bollocks and its happy stupid fecking ending!
    i also agree with moneoa that matrix 3 just wasnt right the special fxs were good but the story was poop,i watched avsp on rip and its unlikly il put my self though blade 3.
  14. SanDiegoKid

SanDiegoKid Guest

Alien Vs. Predator made me stupified sick. Bloody afwul. Somehow The director, Paul W. Anderson (famous for making bad movies.. Mortal Kombat anyone?) took two of the most interesting science fiction franchises and murdered them. Meh.
    As far as The Matrix Trilogy goes... well it's got this thin veneer of intelligence that you can see past if you spend more than a few minutes thinking about the flicks. They introduced so many intersting ideas in Reloaded, but in in the end what did we get? Mini-mechs. Yeup, mini-mechs shooting a lot of lead. Of course there's the crowd who will say "Well that's what they were trying to say, that there are no answers and we do what we choose and it's all zen, and blah blah blah." C'mon, a christ allegory and license plates with biblical references don't make a deep film. As an action film fanatic, I appreciate the kick in the pants The Matrix Trilogy gave the genre. I do love the films, but for what they are... monumental technological and directiorial achievements.
    However, at the same time I'm really sick of leather clad faux bullet time bought-off-the-shelf SFX shots that are being pumped out en mass. Find a copy of Bullet Proof Monk and you'll se what I mean.
    Blade III? I have it here and haven't been able to bring myself to watch it yet. Personally I think Snipes should drop the vampire schtick and do a remake of the 70's blacksploitation film "Black Belt Jones". (awesome) He's an accomplished martial artist, and I'd like to see what he can put to flim without all of the glitz and special effects.
  15. It's a fan film called "Batman - Dead End"
  16. There's another one called "Grayson : Batmans Been Killed, Who Will Avenge Him?"
  17. rebirth

I'm glad someone else is sick of Matrix Cloning. Go see Spiderman 2. Before I gave up on that one, I counted 16 Matrix Trilogy references. Fucking hated that movie. Passion, with a.
  18. .:sp00ky:.

.:sp00ky:. Poptart Tramp Established Member

Why didnt they copy right bullet time i mean they made such a big deal about it if they had of copy righted it we wouldnt have to put with every other film having some random bit of "spinny camera slow mo" in it.
  19. SanDiegoKid

SanDiegoKid Guest

I'm sure John Geta and his crew own the original software they developed, but they can make money by licensing it to others. Others can copy it's look if they want as well. Trying to stop someone else from mimicking it would be like trying to say you own slow motion or montage.
    Example: Terminator 2's morphing effects. They were new, wonderful, and eye-popping. Yet by that Winter we were seeing them tire commercials.
  20. It just seems that Hollyweird is making more and more cruddy movies. I guess they figure that the average person is so dumb they will pay to see a title alone. So its not important to them on what kind of film they make as long as it brings money in. Jesus now that glickman is head of the mpaa, his own crappy director son is whining to him about piracy...because he just simply doesnt have the talent to make a decent film.

The most amazing thing of all is that hollywood expects me to pay 8bucks to sit in a theatre and be bored out of my fuckin mind? I dont think so, I wish I had downloaded Blade trinity. Then I wouldnt have felt guilty about not watching the movie to the end.