BioShock

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Andrew110, Aug 16, 2007.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Andrew110

Andrew110 Living life 1GB at a time

Is anyone else as excited as I am about this game??? It comes out in 5 days and I can't WAIT. Some reviews are already out and the lowest score I've seen was a 9.3/10. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

I will be getting the PC version but from what I've heard the X360 version will be identical.
  2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

I got the demo on xbox live and it is amazing, it definitely lives up to the hype. I will probably get the PC version too.
  3. enjoinick

enjoinick Member

this game is amazing..everyone should definitely give it a try it feels like your in a movie or something and the graphics are truly amazing
  4. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

I just got the game today :D

for some reason I am scared to open up the box lol.

I am gonna open it now

w00t

I love playing with my headset cuz I can hear the sounds really well
  5. silentscream

silentscream Member

ive got the pc demo

its bloody cool

really violent and physical

6. Akamajor

Akamajor Member

lookin forward for the gr8 game..............what abt system requirements..........
  7. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

The game is great. I also like how i can play with my 360 controller on the PC version too.

The only thing I don't like about it was the installation process with having to get a patch in order to finish installing it(if you don't then you can't play it) and then the activation crap is really annoying.
  8. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

damn you all. this is the first game i can think of that i have EVER had that i cant play because my PC is out of date.

and buying a new vid-card just sounds stupid for one game that im only interested in.
  9. failedtwice

failedtwice Harry Potter Enthusiast

definitely getting it once i get a new computer. it's games like this that just make me want to beat my old dell with a baseball bat.
  10. the great one

the great one Member

I have Bioshock for the Xbox 360.I haven't got too far in it yet,but so far I'm enjoying it.
  11. Andrew110

You're not interested in Unreal Tournament 3, Crysis or Call of Duty 4?
  12. the great one

the great one Member

Unreal tournament 3?
  13. Andrew110

They decided to call it Unreal Tournament 3 instead of 2007. I've been waiting for this game for years now, I can't wait to finally play this [hopefully] fall!

http://pc.ign.com/objects/746/746632.html
  14. the great one

the great one Member

Me too.I wasn't aware that they changed the name.Doesn't matter anyway,I'll be buying it as soon as it's released.
  15. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

I am stoked for UT3. Should be awesome :D
  16. failedtwice

failedtwice Harry Potter Enthusiast

Yeah, UT3, Crysis, and Blacksite:Area 51 look really awesome. Never really been a big fan of call of duty, though.
  17. Playing the Xbox 360 version, and definitely enjoying it. Challenging game!
  18. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

I was going to try the demo but apparently my graphics card shader technology is not current enough for them. If they wern't such lazy programmers I am sure they could of supported it, not like i have that old of a card maybe 2 or 3 years old. Anyway I'm still not sure whether or not I am going to get a new video card. I might just because you can get an 8600 for about 140$ now.
  19. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Member

There is a hack out that allows graphics card without the shader technology to play the game. Some of the textures are missing and you might run into some bugs or crashes but it is possible.
  20. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

Thats what I am saying if hackers can come out and make something I am sure it wouldn't have been that hard for the programmers to downgrade the game to support older technology. Personally I hope this won't be a growing trend of supporting less and less of the older tech because its not one that I find all that appealing.