Best Western Drops Beck Over His Comments About Obama's Name

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by YWD67, Feb 7, 2010.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

Best Western Drops Beck Over His Comments About Obama's Name

Reported by Guest Blogger - February 7, 2010

Glenn Beck must be a really slow learner. Case in point: on Thursday, February 4th, 2010, Beck said this about President Obama on his radio show: “He chose to use his name, Barack, for a reason. To identify, not with America -- you don't take the name Barack to identify with America.. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The
    heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Really? Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was searching later in life for religion.”
    I don’t even know where to begin on this one- maybe I’m biased by being an American who has a Japanese name and has gone by a nickname for years because of the kind of attitude Beck displayed, but I’m severely offended. I’m not an American because my name doesn’t meet some standard of American value? Ookiosewada, Meesta Beck!

Needless to say, I’m not alone in this outrage- a petition for this incident is already circling the web via
    Media Matters. Combined with the signatures on the pre-existing petition from ColorOfChange.org and the efforts of Stopbeck.com, Beck's remaining sponsors are under serious pressure to sever their ties to him. Best Western dropped sponsorship Friday (2/5/10), making them the 101st sponsor he’s lost to this kind of speech.

I wonder what Roger and Rupert will have to say about Beck's latest stunt - especially if the repercussions are anywhere near as severe as those that ensued when Beck called Obama a racist...

http://www.newshounds.us/2010/02/07/best_western_drops_beck_over_his_comments_about_obamas_name.php

2. don webb

don webb Mm Mm Mm Barrack H Obama

This so called statement from Stopbeck.com Newspuppies and all the other Lefty Blogs are useing claiming BW is dropping it’s advertising contains nothing mentioning Glenn Beck, Fox or any other companies?

Kinda reminds me of all the false claims ColorofChange.org made last Spring of advertisers boycotting the show, some whom never had advertised there to begin with!

This flies about as well as a Lead Balloon.

What a Severe Beating he took last Spring when the failed boycott started. He got Van Jones; you remember that (former black nationalist and communist) to quit his job in the Obama administration and his audience continued to swell.

Matter of Fact, that boycott? It hurt Glenn and Fox So Badly, they’ve just had their BEST YEAR IN HISTORY.

They only go after you when you are being effective — he must really be causing them some Real Heartburn.

Keep up the Good Work Glenn