Battlestar Frakking Galactica (Fuck spoilers, read this and don't watch it)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Signa, Oct 6, 2011.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

While I was away, I ended up watching the new BSG show while at work.

HOOoooolly fuck was it the worst show to gain notoriety EVER. If I hadn't been watching on my lunch breaks where I have little to do, I would have quit after the first season. Seriously, if you sit through the whole show wanting to know the answers to all the questions that spring up, the answer they finally give you is "God did it." I wish I was joking. The whole show is part of "God's plan" to bring the humans to Earth because *GASP* the show takes place 150,000 years in the past, and only these space humans have any hope of making a better humanity with the Neanderthals of the Earth we all live on. Yes, God wanted our ancestors to fuck a bunch of sub-humans so that we wouldn't keep killing ourselves over and over like the legends in their past.

2. w31n3r

w31n3r Zeropaid Irregular Established Member

lmao, is that so hard to believe?

3. Signa

well, of course the concept works just simply because it's not broken. That doesn't mean it was a good concept. It's like watching the Sixth Sense, and getting to the end to find that they were all robots. Sure, you can't say that it doesn't work as a concept, but there is no good way to present such an off-the-wall idea without it coming across as stupid.

4. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

I liked the first half better, specifically the first season and mini series, but overall found it entertaining. Was not thrilled with the last season and how it all came together, but whatcha gunna do... Watching Babylon 5 now, its pretty messed up too, but again, entertaining and thats what its all about. Last sci-fi show I really enjoyed was Firefly, too bad it ended so early :(

5. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

I am rather partial to the old SCIFI tv series UFO. Downloaded the series years ago and still watch it. The producer of it made such other great UK/US SCIFI tv shows such as Fireball XL5, Supercar, Stingray, and Space 1999. The Japanese had nothing on these shows for mini special effects.Here is a link to the creator of all those shows, the great Gerry Anderson. http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~bat/GA/ga-links.html#sitesHere are some links to the shows intro on YoutubeUFO - TV intro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US7IF31wDVMStingray TV intro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06cNv55jTsTHUNDER BIRDS! TV intro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFb4IVLXDss&feature=relatedSpace 1999 TV intro - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WZW4groJro

6. Signa

I'm rewatching Babylon 5 right now, and it feels so much better than BSG. Sure, the acting is a little weak sometimes, and the special effects are cheesy, but if you read between the lines, a very solid show is happening.

BTW, DO NOT WATCH THE FIFTH SEASON. The season 4 finale was pushed to the season 5 finale, and then they churned out a new Season 4 finale and made a whole new season of crap because the show got renewed after the story was done. Part of the reason I felt so "meh" after watching the show the first time through was because of Season 5. It just isn't worth watching. At all.

7. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

Since the season 4 finale (original one) was pushed to season 5, should I at least watch that last episode, or just give up after the last ep of season 4 as aired?
    Partway through season 4 right now, and I really like the show a lot. Glad I gave it a shot.

8. Signa

Oh definitely watch the last episode of Season 5. It's the real ending to season 4. If you're looking for addendum material after that, sure, watch season 5, but it won't be as interesting as the rest of the series.

Also, do not watch the last episode of season 4, since that was just dumb. Technically speaking, if you decide to watch season 5, the last episode of season 4 would make a fair finale for the addendum material. Ooooh boy would it have made a shitty series finale though.

1 person likes this.
  9. Feather

Feather Great Spirits's Lost Soul

Stick with FarScape it is much more enjoyable

10. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

That is to much like the old 70's Buck Rodgers TV show for me Feather. You know somehow frozen in time and reawaken in anther time type of show. The only difference is the use of CGI in the FarScape series.

11. Feather

Feather Great Spirits's Lost Soul

i liked buck rodgers
    of course i like alot of the low budget classics

12. Signa

So I finished B5 last week, and I have to say my impression of the show was QUITE a bit higher because of how I suggested it be watched. I forgot a lot of the fine details, so it was kinda like seeing it fresh. Also, the final episode just felt so right after watching the 4th season. The way I ended up watching it last time basically felt like watching an awesome show, not finishing it, watching a show that parodies it, and then finishing the awesome show after everything that had made it good had leaked out of my mind.

Sort of if you had watched all of Lord of the Rings, waited for the ring to be dropped in the lava, and then went to watch Eragon before finishing LOTR properly.