Audio ads playing on my computer

Discussion in 'File Sharing' started by brn2xil, Jun 16, 2009.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. brn2xil

brn2xil Member

Thanks in advance for everyones help. Please be patient with me, Im not very computer savvy, but i will explain my problem as clearly as possible. Sorry if it is not enough info or uneeded...

I have a toshiba laptop that is only 6 months old and runs Windows Vista. I have windows defender and free avg. The other night, i attempted to download some free Keylogger programs, in an attempt to monitor what is being done on my computer. Didnt work out so well. The programs either wouldnt work properly or never showed up on my programs list. I tried maybe five or six different downloads. Now, i have annoying ads that play in the background whenever i start up my computer for company like shout and electosol. It is random and choppy, and they will play even if my browser is closed. I have ran Windows defender scan, nothing. I ran AVG scan, and some things popped up saying tracking cookies, but they didnt come up as threats when the scan was finished. But whenever i open up my internet browser, This message pops up from AVG-

AVG Resident Sheild Alert
    Accessed file is infected
    Threat detected
    File name:
    C:\Windows\System 32\MSLVWhcsllvxqifxgpfuiyixwnnqutbkcc.dlll
    C:\Windows\System 32\MSLVWhcsllvxqifxgpfuiyixwnnqutbkcc.dlll
    Threat name: Trojan Horse Injector.EL
    Detected on open

I chose the "heal" option, it asked if i wanted to force removal, but when i said yes, it said "some files cannot be healed", and under that it said "action was interrupted by user"

So i tried checking the remove threat as power user icon box, clicked heal, and clicked yes when it asks if i want to force removal. Avg asks my permission to continue, and i click yes.
    it moves the trojan to the virus vault.

But whenever i open my browser back up, the same trojan message comes back up.

I have tried to download spybot and other programs, but something is blocking me from doing that.

Anyone have any ideas?
    thanks so much!!!!!!1

2. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

My first instinct is to de-install the keyloggers (usually, thebest bet is to de-install via "Start Menu > control panel > Programs " an uninstalling from there.

However, I get the impression that you downloaded programs at random by typing in keylogger on Google, so it's highly likly the stuff might not be removed so easily - the ads suggest that the programs might not be able to remove the adware via un-install, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Still, I suspect that your AV is picking up the keylogger programs as they are most often used for malicious purposes.

Let us know if that doesn't work. AV scanners have a hard time trying to remove files that are already in use and that's a possible reason why the files you are attempting to "heal" can't be healed (modifying or removing files that are already in use by another program)

3. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

Looks like google isn't always your friend after all.

Shame you didn't set a restore point.

Online scanners like trend micro housecall or kaspersky free online virus scanner can find nasties that try to hide from onboard AV programs.

4. Spyder810

Spyder810 Got your back!

5. yea_dude420

yea_dude420 Member

yezzir! random ads playing in background

same thing for me...but I'm smart!..well halfway.... i control+alt+deleted and brought up task manager during one of these random ads playing and looked under the PROCESSES TAB...then there was a wierd thing running. top of the list was this... 69787609.tmp ....this file is bullcrap! as soon as i stopped process, the ad immediatly stopped and it was off the processes list...then the next time it played the ad, i looked and its there again....so i know how to temporairly stop these ads, but no luck yet on deleting it cuz even if u scan the comp a million times with every scan program its still there...but its only been one day....

6. Signa

Signa COCK ROCKET!!! Established Member

I would run a search for that file and delete it. I would also go into the registry to find it there too if possible. If you aren't very tech savvy, I wouldn't mess with the registry though.

7. YWD67

YWD67 YOUR WATCH DOG 67 Established Member

It''s running in the windows background so you can turn it off but you won't be able to delete while the sysytem is running normal.

Turn off your system restore first., then restart your system in safe mode and use Killbox to remove the file.

8. jolinuer

jolinuer Member

Audio ads playing o

There are plenty of launchers out there as have already been mentioned
    but maybe if Funky77 would like to specify which launcher/toolbar is being used already somebody may be able to give a direct solution for that one.