Are men stupid? (CNN)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Drew Wilson, Apr 29, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

(CNN) -- Are men stupid? How else can we explain the endless parade of otherwise successful individuals, who by all appearances seem intelligent and competent, and yet risk destroying their careers and their personal lives over the chance to have a sexual escapade?

John Edwards crashing from the heights of promise to infamy, from presidential candidate to defendant in a trial after a secret affair; Secret Service agents ending their careers in disgrace over dalliances with prostitutes in Colombia, all join that long procession of men who managed to self-destruct, pulling a pin on the grenade of their careers and perhaps their personal lives for the sake of a little fun.

The pageant of legacy-killing misjudgment includes a president, several might-have-been presidents, a few governors, a World Bank director, a former Dutch prime minister, an Israeli president and one of the top golfers of all time. And that is only a partial list.

How to explain it?

The question has baffled women, mostly, since biblical times.

More...

Who said there was no such thing as sexism against men?

Seriously, how about we call these people stupid men. Does that make more sense then "men are stupid"?
  2. HelenaP

HelenaP go luath.. céanna go luat Established Member Contributor

Stupid man works for me. In the big scheme of things, he's fortunate that we are not back in biblical times.
    It's called sins of the flesh...

[​IMG]

And depending on who his god was, he could have been a crispy critter.
  3. mfgbypooter

mfgbypooter Super Pooper Staff Member Moderator

Same old story of men following the lead on by his blind, one-eyed head, only to get themselves trapped in some major bullshit after getting nutted up by some good looking bimbo cunt.

4. napho

napho Antisocial Bastard Established Member

I think you have to cut men some slack here. Women have been acquitted of murder because "PMS made her do it", yet we can't accept men's hormones as an excuse for anything THEY do. Sometimes a man is in a situation where he just can't say no. It doesn't mean he doesn't love his wife, it just means he's overwhelmed with desire at that moment. A woman like this could do that for me.

[​IMG]
  5. Drew Wilson

Drew Wilson AKA IceCube Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Whoa! I hope she doesn't turn too quickly. She could clothesline and knock someone out with those things! O.O