Anti Drug Commercials

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by whitenoise22, Jan 16, 2008.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. whitenoise22

whitenoise22 Chillin like a Villin

Last night i was watching American Idol, i like watching the idiots getting ripped apart by simon. Anyway, i saw this commercial where this like 12 yr old black chick gets real high at this party and then like takes off her clothes or something then the next day at school all the kids have pictures of her.

I was sitting there like wtf man. I just finished smoking more weed than that black chick will ever smoke in her life, and im fine, just mellowed out. Im not getting naked. If anything alochol will do that to you not weed.

Im sick of all the bullshit the government tries to get people to believe. Thats where weed gets all its bad rep. Its not true. Fuck i smoked a joint before my math final once, yes i realize it wasnt the brightest thing ive done, but i got 81.

What does the government have against weed so much?
  2. mungopw

mungopw Eclectical genius

ive got a theory (opinion) alcohol makes people dumb and stupid (sheeple) and weed can in some but not all cases create thinking outside the norm (over throw the government) mwha ha hah ah. remember opinions are like assholes they all stink.
  3. Fankysen

Fankysen Member

4. carpefile

carpefile Chronic Established Member

Although they mention Dupont's and Hearst's deal with the chemical pulping process, they neglect to mention the textile angle.
    At about the same time the mechanical brake for hemp was invented, Dupont also invented two revolutionary new petro-chemical textiles;
    Nylon and Rayon
    Since hemp cloth wears like a pig's nose and has been shown in some cases to remain functionally wearable longer than 100 yrs, Dupont couldn't just sit back and let this new economically viable process to mass produce hemp cloth ruin its new found treasure trove.
    Despite the massive environmental damage Dupont's processes incurred, money as always, speaks louder than logic.

I really liked this part of the article linked above.
    Why is it STILL illegal?:
    The official answer: Because you shouldn't use it. You can't use it because it is illegal, and it is illegal so you can't use it. You should not use it. It is illegal. It is illegal so you should not use it.

The manic-depressive answer: It'll never happen. People are too unorganized/stupid/disempowered. It's just futility. Try, but don't expect to get anywhere. I won't get my hopes up.

The paranoid-schizophrenic answer: Don't you SEE?!?!? The guys at the top have it SEWN!! They own everything. They'll never let it happen. I shouldn't even be talking to you, but let me give you some advice!! listen... you shouldn't mess with THEM, THEY know everything. THEY are practically psychic, see? And the only way to get it to happen is to become one of THEM. You'd better watch it, or THEY will come and take you away -- THEY do that, you know. It's all a CONSPIRACY!!!

The neurotic answer: Marijuana? Eeek! Don't you know that stuff is dangerous? People don't make laws for no good reason, you know! Where did you hear about marijuana? Wait! Don't tell me, I don't want to know. If anybody even knew you thought it should be legal -- well -- they'd never talk to you again! Don't you know that marijuana this... marijuana that... ... ... ...

THE REAL ANSWER: Marijuana is still illegal because enough people have not yet stood up together and said:

`` THIS IS STUPID!!

I WANT CANNABIS HEMP LEGAL!!!

FOR PRODUCTS;

FOR MEDICINE;

FOR FOOD;

FOR FUN;
  5. drtoker

drtoker Zeropaid VIP Established Member

More would be done if the states had the power to make their own decisions on it.
    Give states the power to make their own decisions.
    End the war on drugs.
    Vote Ron Paul.
  6. Lord_of_the_Dense

Lord_of_the_Dense Deicidic Chipmunk Revue Established Member

I just had to check this out due to the Creator/Createe Paradox.
  7. whitenoise22

Huh?..........(im trying to make my message longer since its to short)
  8. Lord_of_the_Dense

Lord_of_the_Dense Deicidic Chipmunk Revue Established Member

9. evilmegaman

evilmegaman ZP Superhero Established Member

never in a million years bud

(lol pun)
  10. mountain_rage

mountain_rage Zeropaids nipple Staff Member Moderator

Commercial hemp is legal, its pharmaceutical properties are too weak to give any kind of high. As we speak I can go to the store buy some hemp rope, hemp clothes, hemp oil, etc... Stop spouting weed must be made legal so we can use the textiles argument, you have no idea what your talking about. If you want to debate its narcotic use then debate its narcotic use.
  11. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

there is no shortage of idiots in the world. one interesting thing about idiots is that they like to try to convince people that they are not idiots and drag people to their own level. you get arguments like "i smoke pot and i'm not an idiot!" you got stoned and watched american idol. what better evidence could anyone need?

how many potheads do you know? how many are geniuses? none? pot makes average people feel like their stupid ideas and crappy art/music are somehow good. it furthers mediocrity. if there is one thing the world doesn't need it's more mediocrity.
    1 person likes this.
  12. Mels_Smileys45

Mels_Smileys45 JabberZombie Established Member

Marijuana is too expensive for our justice system and should instead be taxed to support beneficial government programs.
    Law enforcement has more important responsibilities than arresting 750,000 individuals a year for marijuana possession, especially given the additional justice costs of disposing of each of these cases. Marijuana arrests make justice more expensive and less efficient in the United States, wasting jail space, clogging up court systems, and diverting time of police, attorneys, judges, and corrections officials away from violent crime, the sexual abuse of children, and terrorism. Furthermore, taxation of marijuana can provide needed and generous funding of many important criminal justice and social programs.

From High Times

Carl Sagan was a pot head. There are many very smart people who use pot. Youve been brainwashed by a bunch of closed minded idiots.
    Thats it? Thats your whole argument? The internet, videogames, tv shows, movies, cell phones do the same thing. Lets make them illegal too. The govrnment needs to step up a run every aspect of everyones lives.

Some good shows about drugs and how they came to be illegal. When it comes to weed, there is not a good reason why its illegal. Some people just like to tell you how to live your life. Thats it.

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=21412

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=22666

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=21973

For Whitenoise Cannabis Cup http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=21415

Doug Stanhope makes some good points about weed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5_nTwLVEg
  13. notbob

notbob I say what I want Established Member

carl sagan didn't base his entire existence on pot. his argument was against pot causing people to become less ambitious. that sure isn't the same as noting that there are a lot of people with no ambition living in their moms' basements smoking pot every day and watching (or starring on) judge judy.

maybe pot doesn't cause a loss of ambition, but it didn't make carl sagan a genius either. he was a smart guy to begin with. i'm not saying pot causes anything, but i am saying that there are a lot of mediocre useless sacks of crap that sit there spinning their wheels, going nowhere while they live in a pot induced fantasy world.

carl sagan had ambition. he went to college, he got a few degrees. he wrote books. he didn't drive back and forth between mom's basement and the convenience store and "band practice" for 15 years.

say what you want about pot. maybe it's the greatest thing of all time. you know what? it's still illegal, and a drug conviction fucks you over for eligibility for tuition aid for college and employment in most places. is it worth getting caught? quick risk assessment here, no.
  14. Mels_Smileys45

Now youre spinning. Of course pot will not make you smarter but it does not make anyone stupid either. Thats a myth the government handed out and Cheech and Chong gladly made tons of money off of by running with it. When a person is inebriated they will act silly or "stupid". Still thats no reason to lock a person up. Is that really gonna help society? Now that person will have a hard time getting a job and really will end up living in moms basement.

There are a lot of aspects to modern society that causes people to sit at home in their basements. WOW should be illegal by your line of logic. How many hours do these people waste in their fantasy world? The Internet causes people to sit at home being useless pieces of shit. Get rid of it! It causes mediocrity! If somone is happy working at a gas station and playing WOW in their spare time thats their choice. Who else is gonna work there? Do you wanna do their job? Someone has to do it. Why not the WOW geek or the pot head?

If people want to get stoned it should be their choice. I got stoned for years and I worked harder than most straight people I know. It does NOT make you lazy at all. Thats another stereotype. If all wothless fucks were caused by weed then we could solve all societies problems with one swift kick in the ass but thats not the case.

I will say what I want about pot. Its not the greatest thing of all time but its not evil either. People should not have their lives ruined because they wanted to smoke some pot and made, perhaps, a poor choice by doing so. I personally stopped because it is illegal. Well, thats one of two reasons. I really liked smoking pot but my job started drug testing so I stopped. I still smoke a jay at New Years but thats it. Its not worth being caught and thats why the laws should change.
  15. whitenoise22

Well, im not saying weed is good for you, neither is alcohol or tobacco.

But here they have "green teams which go busting marijuana grow ups but they don't have that kind of of thing for crystal meth. Id rather have them go after crystal meth labs.
  16. carpefile

carpefile Chronic Established Member

Yes, you can buy hemp in the US, but you can't grow it, or manufacture with it. Hemp products you buy here are imported.
    Please know what you are talking about before telling me I don't.
    Next issue, weed has no narcotic uses, its not a narcotic.
    I also dig notbobs statement, it fits right in with the official answer posted above.
    I do know lots of people who smoke weed and also happen to lead successful productive lives in all kinds of fields, including a doctor.
    Geniuses are pretty rare really, how many geniuses do you know that don't smoke pot?
    And as far as creativity? Hmm, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Morrison, The Beatles, The Stones, its a long fucking list, they all smoke(d) pot.

The only negative medical thing proven with smoking pot is that it aggravates bronchitis (which is true of any smoke inhalation). The only other thing is that it mildly slows reaction times when high.
    So guess you're back to answer one, you can't smoke it cause its illegal.
  17. Mels_Smileys45

Pot doesnt have to be bad for you either. There are other ways, besides smoking, to use weed. There are Marijuana Vaporizers now or you could eat pot but the high is much less. Smoking is the only drawback to weed. I hate smoking. No matter what anyone says, inhaling smoke can NEVER be good. Still, thats no reason for it to be illegal. McDonalds probably kills more people than cigarettes.

Shit. I meant to point that out too. I guess pot really does make people stupid.

One correction though, Elvis HATED pot. He didnt like the whole hippy scene.
  18. whitenoise22

Well i eat mcdonalds and smoke cigarettes, so ..? Uh lol hmm....

Oh well, fuck it im gonna go smoke some weed.

[​IMG]
  19. enter8

enter8 Member

The times when I was smoking pot where, without a doubt, the most productive and successful times of my life. Great job, great apartment, good income, best physical shape, most fun and most friends. And, no, it wasn't cloudy perception brought on by weed, either.
  20. Mels_Smileys45

Damn it whitenoise22! Don't make notbobs point for him! lol

Yeah, its amazing how people who have never smoked pot have these opinions that are pure bullshit. Why talk about things you know nothing about? What do thay base their opinions on? The "Reefer Madness" propaganda film? Why look down on people like they are inferior to you simply because they do something you dont like to do? Its akin the Christians looking down on the Jews or something. Not sure how to put it.